A Day In Central Square
Posted: Mar 31, 2021
Spring has arrived, presenting a number of things to do here in Central Square! From outdoor dining and local shopping to exploring art and taking a bike ride, you can pack a bunch of activities into a full day. Read below for our suggested itinerary — perfect for residents and visitors alike.
1) Grab coffee at a local cafe like Darwin’s, Mariposa, or 1361 Coffeehouse and sip while exploring Graffiti Alley.
2) Sit down for brunch at The Dial — they have a beautiful patio!
3) Hit the Popportunity Pop-Up Shops and meet local makers at Starlight Square. Afterward, check out other shops like Cheapo Records, Boomerangs, MIT Press Bookstore, Expressions, and Great Eastern Trading Co.
4) Walk the entirety of Mass Ave toward Harvard, circle through Harvard Square, and return on the opposite side of the street. You’ll discover so many shops, restaurants, and cafes!
5) Grab a bike and ride toward the other end of Mass Ave, cruise over the Mass Ave bridge for a beautiful sunset. Return to the square and make note of the cool MIT buildings on the way back!
6) Check-in to a dinner reservation at one of the many restaurants nearby. Try one with a sidewalk patio so you can do some people-watching!
7) Indulge with dessert at New City Microcreamery. Their liquid nitrogen ice cream has been voted “Best Ice Cream In Massachusetts” by Mass Live!
8) Hop on the subway to your final destination for the evening… or stay overnight at the brand new 907 Main boutique hotel! (#ProTip: for a limited time, they’re offering a $99/night rate to Cambridge residents.)
If you have more than one day, there is a ton more to do once you’re in Central Square! Whether you’re walking, biking, or riding the T, everything you need can be found in our own 10-Minute Village — a community concept also seen in Copenhagen, Amsterdam, Hamburg, and Helsinki. Learn more here.
Want to join our community and live in one of Cambridge’s most culture-rich neighborhoods? Visit marketcentral.com to schedule a socially distant in-person tour or make a virtual appointment. Now offering up to 2 months free on select apartment homes! (Terms and conditions apply, contact the leasing office for more details and additional specials.)